Thursday, January 16, 2014

K drama Inspiring Generation Ep. 1

I've said before I like watching Korean dramas.  I don't really have time to watch dramas at home.  While I am at the dialysis center I watch them there.  For a couple of years now I have been a fan of a Korean singer named Kim Hyun Joong.  I'll watch anything that he is in regardless if it's good or bad.  This time around he has come out in a drama called Inspiring Generation.  

Inspiring Generation premiered this week.  I have watched the first episode and I have to say it's pretty good.  I have been hooked on the 1st episode.  The drama's main character is Jung Tae (Kim Hyun Joong).  This episode starts of with Jung Tae fighting in a public fight.  Jung Tae is a fighter for pay.  

Jung Tae wins the fight and with his winnings he goes to a bar to drink.  As he drinks the female bar tender talks to him and you can see in Jung Tae's face that he isn't fighting because he likes it.  Jung Tae's seems to have some reason that has taken to the path of being a fighter.  
The man that he fought in the fight walks into the bar to pick a fight and Jung Tae walks away.  As soon as he begins to walk out the other fighter grabs the bar tender.  Jung Tae turns around and says that he hates men hitting women.  
Another seen begins and it's 8 years earlier.  
8 years earlier Jung Tae is still fighting but it is a happier time.  Jung Tae works, laughs and takes care of his sister.  Jung Tae's sister is very sick and he works hard to earn money in order to save up for an operation his sister needs.  Jung Tae wears worn out clothes and shoes with holes and buys the cheapest thing he can find to eat all to be able to save the money.  One day his friend tells him about a dirty deal that has to do with smuggling.  At first Jung Tae does not want any part of it but later gives in to the temptation.  Jung Tae gives all his savings to his friend and gives it to one of the members of the gang in charge.  Jung Tae's friend comes running to Jung Tae and tells him that they were scammed and the money was lost.  
He goes running looking for the gang to ask for his money back and he tries to fight them.
This was a brief recap which I really wasn't planning to do haha I got into it.  I am sure this drama will only get better.  It began well hopefully it continues like this.  After seeing this episode I have high expectations.


If anyone's interest is peaked you can always look it up on viiki.  I left out a lot of things the only way to find out is to watch the episode :)

The trailer for the drama

No comments:

Post a Comment