Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A walk into the supernatural

   Since I was a kid, I have always liked to learn about the supernatural even if they scared me.  As an adult I still find it fascinating learning about poltergeist and and folk legends.  Yesterday I was remembering some of the stories that my dad and brother told me as a kid about their experiences with the supernatural in Guatemala.  There are many situations both my dad and brother encountered with things that till this day there seems to be no other explanation.  Well, there probably is another explanation maybe a more logical one but it would just take the fun out of it.
   There is a mythical creature that I remembered my family talking about called a cadejo.  A cadejo is a spirit that appears most of the time in form of a dog. There are two colored cadejos there are white ones and black ones. Depending as well from what country you have heard the legend from the white one will be the good one and the black one will be the black one and vise versa.  This legend originates in Central America.  In Guatemala it is said that a black cadejo appears to a person to guide you home safely.
   When my dad used to live in Guatemala he sometimes had to go home at night.  In those times the area where my dad lived there were no street lights and basically he lived in a area that where there was more land than homes.  He had told me that the cadejo appeared to him many times to help him get home safely.  My brother as well had encountered the cadejo and even changed his size to carry him home because he couldn't do it on his own since he had drank too much that one night.
   If you google cadejo you will find several variations of the cadejo legend.  It is quite an interesting read.

(I shall replace the image later I had some technical difficulties)

Silversun Pickups Lazy Eye

No comments:

Post a Comment