Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Soulmates?

Since I was young I pondered the idea about soulmates to be exact it was when I watched Dawson's Creek.  Joey and Dawson always said that they were soulmates even if it didn't mean they would end up in a romantic relationship in the end.  They knew that no matter what they were linked together by some unknown force which made them perfect for each other. A harmonious balance between the two.  Since this concept was introduced to me since 1998 I have not yet decided whether to believe the idea or not.  It is a nice idea I might say to have someone who completely balances you out.  There are many people we meet that and we develop great lasting relationships that may last a lifetime.  It could be one person or it could be multiple people would that make all of them your soulmates?
Most explanations of a soulmate say that you know you have met your match as soon as you meet the other person because you feel the spark.  Isn't that just called attraction?  I have felt sparks many times in my life of course but they fade I wouldn't call that finding my soulmate.
I mostly think that the reality is that if you have common interest, values, and work on the relationship that is when it can last a lifetime.  The time and care you put into the relationship is the key of  how you end up even knowing what the other person is thinking (not all the time but for the most part).  And if many marriages in which they are soulmates wouldn't be easily be dissolved then.
It is a romantic idea but seems to have many flaws.  We do not really have proof if indeed soulmates exist.  It is probably just one of those things you leave to fate.
Just a random thought that came to my head while remembering the show Dawson's Creek that brings back memories of when I was a kid :)

Gym Class Heroes singing Stereo Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment